Monday 25 March 2013

Baker's Dozen Series: Part2 Interview with Amy Silberzahn Part 2

On the u-bahn in Berlin.
A Baker's Dozen Interview Series

What: Interview Part 2
Who: Amy Silberzahn
Where: Berlin, Germany 
 continued from part1 ...

7. What are your favourite art/photography/creative gallery spaces?
I love the V&A www.vam.ac.uk/ in London, it’s an incredible space that houses, eons of amazing design and creativity. I’m also a fan of the Saatchi Gallery www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk also in London as the space is so bright and inviting, they always has great exhibitions. I enjoy visiting the Museum for Modern art  www.mmk-frankfurt.de in Frankfurt, the building is a fantastic piece of Architecture. 


8. What things do you find most irritating?
As a ‘thing’ if you can call it that, I hate the colour lavender, it is simply insipid, a non entity that never looks good on anyone and the curse of all bridesmaids and bedroom walls!

9. What's the biggest lesson you have learnt during your life so far?
To be careful who you trust, follow your instincts and believe in yourself. Nobody will ever find you as interesting as you should, ie. Work on yourself, become comfortable in your own company and look after yourself as best you can, physically, mentally and spiritually.

Hop hop hoppity hop10. What makes you smile, laugh or feel happy?
Stupid private jokes, phrases and pet names with my husband, family and friends make me laugh. Bunny Rabbits pinterest.com/imerulo/bunny-board/make me smile and meeting people who are deeply passionate about what they do, whatever that is, makes me really happy. Seeking out new experiences, educational or inspirational and planning ahead makes me content on a day to day basis.

11. Who are your top 3 favourite shopping retailers
Cos Tangerine Draped Jersey Dress 

Browsing through Vintage, retro and second hand shops bring me joy, Beyond Retro www.beyondretro.com in Shoreditch, East London is definitely worth a visit whenever I'm back and there are multitudes of great retro stores in Berlin. I think Zara www.zara.com and Cos www.cosstores.com are great for basics and a trend fix plus creative markets like, Greenwich & Spitalfields in London & Paddington Market in Sydney, Australia where you will always find something original. For something special, I try to shop in independent retailers, supporting small business is really important. www.shopgreenwich.co.uk & www.paddingtonmarkets.com.au

12. Name 3 songs you love and why?
I currently have a tune called Drifted by Groove Armarda on repeat on my ipod, alongside the opening track of the album Fragments by Submotion Orchestra www.facebook.com/submotionorchestra gives me goosebumps I also love Spread your love by the Black Rebel Motorcycle club! I have a fairly broad music taste!

13. Where would you like to be in 5 years
 I see myself still based in either Frankfurt or in Basel or Zurich in Switzerland. Ideally owning an apartment in either city or both!? Hopefully blessed with my first child. And career wise managing a chain of independent retailers in Frankfurt & Basel/Zurich supporting Independant British Fashion & Product Designers.


Basel, Switzerland
come back soon for an interview with a  talented British jeweller!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment